Corporates around the globe have provided “Work from Home” options for those feasible, in order to contain the spread of coronavirus. With universities like Harvard, Stanford, Emory transitioning to online classes, numerous schools and colleges shutting down, it is really overwhelming for parents to take care of their children whilst working from home!
Here are few awesome resources available to keep the kids engaged during the lockdown:
- Scholastic releases free daily courses: https://www.wfla.com/community/health/coronavirus/scholastic-releases-daily-learning-courses-for-kids-home-from-school-amid-coronavirus/
- 100+ indoor activities for kids: https://www.thebestideasforkids.com/indoor-activities-for-kids/
- 20 virtual field trips to take with your kids: https://adventuresinfamilyhood.com/20-virtual-field-trips-to-take-with-your-kids.html
- Free online literacy program where actors read to children: https://www.storylineonline.net/
- A comprehensive list of education companies offering free subscriptions during school closures: https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/135609/list-of-education-companies-offering-free-subscriptions/
*** Updates as on March 18th, 2020 ***
- Universal is releasing movies online, even the ones that are still running in theaters: https://totallythebomb.com/universal-is-releasing-movies-online-that-are-still-in-theaters-including-trolls-world-tour
- 22 virtual tours of museums, galleries, zoo exhibits etc: https://www.insider.com/museums-theme-parks-offer-virtual-tours-ideal-for-social-distancing-2020-3
- Tinkle & Amar Chitra Katha are offering their entire catalog for free until March 31st!
Amar Chitra Katha: bit.ly/ACKFree
Click on the links -> Sign up -> Click on link in the confirmation email-> Start downloading!
Keep watching this space for more updates!